Westhampton Beach Middle School
340 Mill Road
Westhampton Beach, NY 11978
Phone: (631) 288-3800
Hours: School Hours 7:30 a.m. – 2:21 p.m.
Office Hours 7:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Principal: Ms. Charisse Miller (email@example.com)
Assistant Principal: Ms. Lisa Menegio (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Virtual Field Trip List
WHB Middle School Community:
As you are aware, Westhampton Beach School District will be closed now until April 29th. Although the students will not be in school, we want to ensure that learning continues. Please review the following remote learning guidelines.
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we all navigate through this difficult time.
• Students are expected to access and participate daily in remote learning, which will be evidence of attendance
during the emergency school closure.
• Students are expected to complete all assignments in accordance with the due dates established by their
• Students should communicate the need for support, or any questions regarding assignments/ lessons, with their
teachers through email or Google Classroom.
• Teachers will provide instruction and assignments in all subject areas using Google Classroom and other
digital platforms. Instruction may include a variety of modalities, including text, audio, videoconferencing,
recorded video, screen-casting, and/or chat.
• Teachers will be available for extra help sessions as needed. Students may contact teachers through email or
Google Classroom, and teachers will respond within 24 hours on weekdays. Teachers will post extra help
times to their Google Classroom or website.
• Guidance counselors, school psychologists, and social workers will reach out to students and families to
provide support. Please contact our administrators and student support staff if you need assistance.
• Students with IEPs and 504 plans will continue to receive services remotely during the emergency closure to
the extent possible. Special education teachers, reading teachers, AIS teachers, and other support staff will
be checking-in with students and parents to provide remote services and assistance.
• ENL teachers will be working with their students through Google Classroom and other digital platforms.
• Students will follow the schedule developed by the team. The schedule will be posted on Google Classroom
and discussed during “morning meetings.”
• Elective area teachers will post new work to Google Classroom on Tuesdays. Physical Education
assignments will be posted based on the typical A/B Day schedule.
• The posting of lessons and assignments will be staggered in order to help manage workflow for the students.
Please see the chart below for the schedule.
• Assignments will be posted by 9:00 a.m. on designated days.
• On the alternating days, teachers will be evaluating work and providing feedback and support to students
through email, Google Classroom, Google Meet, or Zoom.
Select here for a video to students from the WHBMS staff.
Hi All, The Yearbook Club needs your help!! Unfortunately, we will not be able to take our 8th grade class picture in school. However, we want to get all of our 8th grade students in a collage. Here's how to help....send in your best appropriate school picture to email@example.com.
Also, we are still looking for additional pictures for the yearbook. Open the attached flyer, download the app, and send in pictures you would like in the yearbook. Thanks for your help in making the yearbook, yourbook!
-The Yearbook Club
Have a laptop issue? Or experiencing any kind of technology issue? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Support will get back to you with assistance.
Looking for something to do while you're home? Visit this site for healthy habits: Parent/Student Resources: Healthy Minds/Healthy Bodies. Parents and students, please visit the site for advice on healthy habits. Don't miss out on some cool activities.
Digital Media Use and Safety
-Medieval Times 6th Grade Trip has been cancelled.
-Please see below for Mr. Johnson's Chorus 7 and Chorus 8 Google Classroom Codes:
Chorus 7 code - rcks65a
Chorus 8 code - cg4jpcb
-Please see below for Mr. Ford's PE 8 Google Classroom Codes:
PE 8 code - u4qflsi
-Please see links below for Mr. Lein's classes:
Technology Foundations - https://sites.google.com/whbschools.org/materialsprocessing/home
Digital Literacy - https://sites.google.com/whbschools.org/digital-literacy/home